Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block New Delhi.
Dated September 19, 2017
Subject : Travel entitlements of Government employees for the purpose of LTC post Seventh Central Pay Commission-clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 31011/4/2008-Estt.A-IV dated 23.09.2008, which inter-alia provides that travel entitlements for the purpose of official tour/transfer or LTC, will be the same but no daily allowance shall be admissible for travel on LTC. Further, the facility shall be admissible only in respect of journeys performed in vehicles operated by the Government or any Corporation in the public sector run by the Central or State Government or a local body.
2. Consequent upon the decisions taken by Government on the recommendations of Seventh CPC relating to Travelling Allowance entitlements of Central Government employees, TA Rules have undergone changes vide Ministry of Finance’s O.M. No. 19030/1/2017-E.IV dated 13.07.2017.
3. In this regard, it is clarified that the travel entitlements of Government servants for the purpose of LTC shall be the same as TA entitlements as notified vide Ministry of Finance’s O.M. dated 13.07.2017, except the air travel entitlement for Level 6 to Level 8 of the Pay Matrix, which is allowed in respect of TA only and not for LTC.
4. Further, the following conditions may also be noted:
i. No daily allowance shall be admissible for travel on LTC.
ii. Any incidental expenses and the expenditure incurred on local journeys shall not be admissible.
iii. Reimbursement for the purpose of LTC shall be admissible in respect of journeys performed in vehicles operated by the Government or any Corporation in the public sector run by the Central or State Government or a local body.
iv. In case of journey between the places not connected by any public/Government means of transport, the Government servant shall be allowed reimbursement as per his entitlement for journey on transfer for a maximum limit of 100 Kms covered by the private/personal transport based on a self-certification from the Government servant. Beyond this, the expenditure shall be borne by the Government servant.
v. Travel by Premium trains/Premium Tatkal trains/Suvidha trains is now allowed on LTC. Further, reimbursement of tatkal charges or premium tatkal charges shall also be admissible for the purpose of LTC.
vi. Flexi fare (dynamic fare) applicable in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains shall be admissible for the journey(s) performed by these trains on LTC. This dynamic fare component shall not be admissible in cases where a non-entitled Government servant travels by air and claims reimbursement for the entitled class of Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains.
5. This O.M. will take effect from July 1, 2017.
6. Hindi version will follow.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 13th July 2017
Subject: Travelling Allowance Rules – Implementation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to Travelling Allowance entitlements to civilian employees of Central Government, President is pleased to decide the revision in the rates of Travelling Allowance as set out in the Annexure to this Office Memorandum.
2. The ‘Pay Level’ for determining the TA/DA entitlement is as indicated in Central Civil Service (Revised Pay) Rules 2016.
3. The term ‘Pay in the Level’ for the purpose of these orders refer to Basic Pay drawn in appropriate Pay Level in the Pay Matrix as defined in Rule 3(8) of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 and does not include Non-Practising Allowance (NPA), Military Service Pay (MSP) or any other type of pay like special pay, etc
4. However, if the Travelling Allowance entitlements in terms of the revised entitlements now prescribed result in a lowering of the existing entitlements in the case of any individual, groups or classes of employees, the entitlements, particularly in respect of mode of travel, class of accommodation, etc., shall not be lowered. They will instead continue to be governed by the earlier orders on the subject till such time as they become eligible, in the normal course, for the higher entitlements.
5. The claims submitted in respect of journey made on or after 1st July, 2017, may be regulated in accordance with these orders. In respect of journeys performed prior to 1st July, 2017, the claims may be regulated in accordance with the previous orders dated 23.09.2008.
6. It may be noted that no additional funds will be provided on account of revision in TA/DA entitlements. It may therefore be ensured that permission to official travel is given judiciously and restricted only to absolutely essential official requirements.
7. These orders shall take effect from 01st July, 2017
8. Separate orders will be issued by Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways in respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, respectively.
9. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India
Hindi version is attached.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India